BirdWatch Ireland is committed to ensuring that all its communications and dealings with the general public, members and supporters are of the highest possible standard.
Feedback & Complaints
Listening and responding
Feedback & Complaints
BirdWatch Ireland listens and responds to the views of the general public, members and supporters so that it can continue to improve.
BirdWatch Ireland welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore, it aims to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to provide feedback or to make a complaint.
- BirdWatch Ireland treats a complaint as any clear expression of dissatisfaction with its operations which calls for a response.
- BirdWatch Ireland treat complaints seriously whether they are made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person.
- BirdWatch Ireland deal with complaints quickly and politely.
- BirdWatch Ireland respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where appropriate, and information on any action taken.
- BirdWatch Ireland learns from complaints, uses them to improve, and monitors them at its Board.
Steps to take
- If you do have feedback or a complaint about any aspect of BirdWatch Ireland’s work, you can contact the CEO in writing or by telephone.
- In the first instance, your feedback/complaint will be dealt with by Birdwatch Ireland’s CEO.
- Please give us as much information as possible and let BirdWatch Ireland know how you would like it to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
What happens next?
If you make a complaint in person or over the phone, BirdWatch Ireland will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you make complaint by email or in writing BirdWatch Ireland will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything it can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, BirdWatch Ireland will explain why and provide a new deadline.
Contact details for Feedback or Complaints:
Unit 20 Block D
Bullford Business Campus
T: +353 (0) 1 2819878
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with Birdwatch Ireland’s response, you may get in touch again by writing to the BirdWatch Ireland Chairperson. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by our Board.