Work with Ireland's largest conservation charity
Position Status : Open
Possible locations in Mayo and/or Donegal. To undertake surveys of Corncrakes and liaise with farmers and landowners over management of land and entry into grant schemes.
Suitable applicants will have:
- A degree in biology or related discipline or previous proven experience working on conservation projects.
- Experience in surveys for breeding birds, preferably of farmland. Must be prepared to undertake night working.
- The ability to compile data, analyse results and write reports. Experience of GIS desirable.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, particularly farmers and landowners.
- Willingness to be flexible in their availability to work, dependant on weather conditions.
- A full driver’s licence and be physically fit.
Salary : The salary for these paid posts is circa €20,800 pro rata; it may be higher for senior fieldwork positions.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 15th February 2019
How to apply: Click the Apply button to download and complete a BirdWatch Ireland application form.
Note that other opportunities may also arise throughout the year, so please indicate other areas of expertise, especially other field skills, when completing your application form.
When submitting applications by email, you must include your name and position(s) applied for in both the subject line and the name of the file attachment. Interviews will generally be held during the two to three-week period after the closing date, or as advised, if you have been selected for interview. Please contact Michelle Kavanagh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any queries.