Work with Ireland's largest conservation charity
Position Status : Open
(2 posts) (late April – July)
Little Tern Protection Schemes at Kilcoole and Baltray.
Suitable applicants will have:
- The ability to erect and maintain electric fencing, tractor/4WD driving
- The ability to work safely at night and in a close-knit team
- Firearm licences for both rifle and shotgun and competency in their use
- Familiarity with crow traps and mink traps
- Good knowledge of other bird-scaring techniques
- Awareness of ecology and conservation issues surrounding ground-nesting birds (Little Terns, Lapwing, Ringed Plover)
Salary : The salary for these paid posts is circa €20,800 pro rata; it may be higher for senior fieldwork positions.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 15th February 2019
How to apply: Click the Apply button to download and complete a BirdWatch Ireland application form.
Note that other opportunities may also arise throughout the year, so please indicate other areas of expertise, especially other field skills, when completing your application form.
When submitting applications by email, you must include your name and position(s) applied for in both the subject line and the name of the file attachment. Interviews will generally be held during the two to three-week period after the closing date, or as advised, if you have been selected for interview. Please contact Michelle Kavanagh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any queries.