Work with Ireland's largest conservation charity
Position Status : Open
Are you an enthusiastic digital marketer looking to make a positive impact on the conservation of wildlife and the environment?
BirdWatch Ireland, Ireland’s largest wildlife conservation NGO, is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing & Membership Development Officer to assist in growing our membership and fundraising through online and direct marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing and technology as well as a genuine interest in wildlife conservation and the environment. They must be tech-savvy and have great ideas on how to grow membership, increase revenue and fundraising with online marketing activities.
- To increase BirdWatch Ireland presence on social media platforms for membership, online sales and fundraising, and to grow BirdWatch Ireland membership through targeted digital marketing campaigns and relevant social media platforms;
- To develop and co-ordinate new BirdWatch Ireland membership recruitment campaigns using existing and new platforms;
- To organise and run a new programme of BirdWatch Ireland face-to-face recruitment events, and to promote BirdWatch Ireland recruitment at specific high profile National Events;
- To grow BirdWatch Ireland membership through better annual retention of existing members, through new membership retention campaigns, including the targeting of lapsed members;
- To grow shop sales and unrestricted fundraising for BirdWatch Ireland online;
- To work alongside other BirdWatch Ireland staff and mobilise volunteers as required to help drive membership and to promote the protection of wild birds and their habitats in Ireland.
What you need to have:
Education, Skills & Competencies:
- A third-level qualification in digital marketing, marketing, communications or another relevant area;
- Two years-plus relevant work experience in marketing, communications or related area;
- Direct experience of online marketing is preferred;
- Strong interest in, and awareness of, nature conservation in Ireland and ideally a knowledge of birds;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are essential;
- Ability to work as part of a team, drive ambitious membership and fundraising development targets and be willing to learn;
- Excellent working knowledge of computer database and Office tools and online marketing tools such as YMLP, Constant Contact, Mailhimp, SurveyMonkey etc.;
- Excellent organisation skills, with exceptional attention to detail, and proven ability to take initiative;
- Must be able to work remotely using own equipment if required.
Title: Digital Marketing & Membership Development Officer, BirdWatch Ireland
Reporting to: Public Relations, Branches & Development Officer
Location: Based in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, though remote working is possible
Terms: Full-time 1 year fixed term contract.
Salary: €22,000 p.a.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 on Thursday 10th September 2020
How to apply: Send a cover letter and full CV by email to email@example.com or by post to BirdWatch Ireland, Unit 20, Block D, Bullford Business Campus, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, A63 RW83
Selection Process: After the application closing date applications will be considered and shortlisted with interviews expected within the following two weeks. References, proofs of qualifications, and medical check will be required in due course.
For further information in relation to this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org