Work with Ireland's largest conservation charity
Position Status : Open
BirdWatch Ireland, Ireland’s largest wildlife conservation NGO, is looking for an experienced person to assist with the smooth running of its administration, membership and shop operations. The ideal candidate will be someone who has excellent proven retail experience, and enjoys working as part of a team. Knowledge of birds and of conservation is not essential, but is desirable. References will be required.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Receiving customers, supporters, volunteers and donors at the shop/reception of BirdWatch Ireland;
- Answering the telephone;
- Liaising with other administration/membership and shop staff;
- Processing payments, memberships and donations and producing financial reports, as directed;
- Processing and fulfilling all shop orders received through BirdWatch Ireland’s online shop, by post and from walk-in customers;
- Packing shop orders and assisting with shop matters, as required;
- Handling sales enquiries relating to the BirdWatch Ireland shop;
- Keeping all stock records up-to-date, including online shop catalogue, seasonal offers, etc.;
- Operating shop POS software, including edits and updates of product listings, daily reconciliations, etc.;
- Carrying out monthly stock-takes and reconciling with supporting records;
- Promoting shop activities and sales;
- Leading on the production of BirdWatch Ireland’s annual shop catalogue;
- Supporting Administration staff as and when required; and
- Carrying out any duties which can be reasonably expected from general staff.
How to apply:
Please download and complete a BirdWatch Ireland application form by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below the post description opposite.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 on Tuesday 13th April 2021. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Administration Dept., BirdWatch Ireland, Unit 20, Block D, Bullford Business Campus, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, A63 RW83.
When submitting applications by email, please put “Retail and Administration Assistant Application” in the subject line.
Interviews will be held during the week following the closing date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.