Work with Ireland's largest conservation charity
Position Status : Closed
BirdWatch Ireland, Ireland’s largest wildlife conservation NGO, is looking for an experienced person to assist with the smooth running and operation of the accounts and administration functions of the organisation. The ideal candidate will be someone who has proven experience of accounting systems and enjoys working as part of a team. An interest in conservation is desirable, as is some knowledge of the charity/not-for-profit sector. References will be required.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all prime books are kept up to date for BirdWatch Ireland and its shop;
- Reconcile creditors, debtors and bank and make appropriate adjustments;
- Processing weekly wages and raising of payments, checking for anomalies and explaining any key differences;
- Filing, both electronic and manual;
- Answering telephones on a range of queries;
- Assisting with the updating of membership records and recording financial transactions;
- Performance of any ad hoc duties, as required ,to support the Office Manager and the Head of Finance and Administration; and
- Carrying out any duties which can be reasonably expected of general staff.
How to apply:
Please download and complete a BirdWatch Ireland application form by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below the post description opposite.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 on Friday 12th May 2023. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Administration Dept., BirdWatch Ireland, Unit 20, Block D, Bullford Business Campus, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, A63 RW83.
When submitting applications by email, please put “Administration and Finance Assistant Application” in the subject line.
It is envisaged that interviews will be held during the week following the closing date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.