Key duties to include:
- Write a MPA site management plan for Carlingford Lough.
- Contribute to the production of two regional MPA management plans, (i) the North Coast-North Channel Region (Counties Donegal, Derry and Antrim) and (ii) the Co. Down-Co. Louth Region.
- Engage and build relationships with maritime stakeholders, particularly regulators, to enable the delivery of regional MPA management plans.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with the project partners on the development of management plans including drafting the plans.
- Collate data relating to MPA and wider marine management and monitoring.
- Work with the GIS team at of the lead Partner (AFBI).
Note that all the management plans are cross-border sites and that the post-holder will be expected to work with stakeholders and project partners in both Northern Ireland and Ireland on a regular basis.
View the full job description here