******************************** Saturday, June 19th (Online Only) **********************************
Irish Wildbird Conservancy – Annual General Meeting 2021
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (the “AGM”) of the Irish Wildbird Conservancy (the “Company”) will be held at 2.00pm sharp on Saturday, 19th June 2021.
Due to current Government COVID-19 restrictions, the meeting will be held online only.
The COVID-19 restrictions are periodically modified so it may be possible or, indeed, necessary to change the arrangements for the AGM. Any such change will be publicised in eWings, if possible, and will be posted on this website.
- The Minutes of the 2020 AGM are available here (you must be logged in as a member to access)
- The 2020 Financial Statements of BirdWatch Ireland are available here (you must be logged in as a member to access)
- The 2020 Financial Statements of BWI Retail & Services Ltd. are available here (you must be logged in as a member to access)
- The proxy form for the 2021 AGM is available here (you must be logged in as a member to access)
The meeting agenda and details of how members can access the meeting will be outlined here in due course.
In accordance with Articles 15 and 16 of the Company’s Articles of Association, Catherine Casey, Jim Fitzharris, Breffni Martin and Jonathan Taylor fall to retire as a Directors of the Company at this AGM. In addition, both Andrew McMillan and Aisling Tallon have indicated their wish to step down as Directors at the forthcoming AGM.
The Board wishes to nominate Liam Lysaght, John Nolan, Derek O’Reilly, Jonathan Taylor and David Toohey as Directors of the Company. The number of nominations for the Board is less than the number of vacancies on the Board.
One nomination, Jim Fitzharris, has been received for Chairperson of the Board.
In accordance with Article 7(c) of the Company’s Articles of Association, any Member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy. That proxy need not be a Member. The procedure for Voting by Proxy is laid out in Article 13 of the Company’s Articles of Association. Proxy votes in respect of the 2021 AGM must be received at the registered office of the Company by 2.00pm on Thursday, 17th June 2021.
To obtain a copy of the Annual Report, the financial statements for the year ended 31st December 2020, Minutes of the 2020 AGM and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company, including the Form of Proxy for the AGM, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda is as follows:-
- To consider the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 26th September, 2020.
- To review the Annual Report of the Board for the year ended 31st December 2020.
- To consider the financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2020, together with the reports of the directors and the statutory auditor thereon.
- To authorise the Board to fix the remuneration of the statutory auditor.
- To elect new Directors as follows:-
- To elect Liam Lysaght as a Director.
- To elect John Nolan as a Director.
- To elect Derek O’Reilly as a Director.
- To elect Jonathan Taylor as a Director.
- To elect David Toohey as a Director.
- To elect Jim Fitzharris as Chairman.
- To receive reports from the Branches.
- To transact any other business as may be transacted at an annual general meeting.
Members will have the opportunity to participate fully during the online meeting. In addition, members can email questions to email@example.com before 5:00pm on Thursday 17th June 2021. Only emails from people present at the meeting will be considered. The Board may group similar questions to facilitate the order of business.
By order of the Board
Unit 20, Block D
Bullford Business Campus
Kilcoole, Co Wicklow
7th May 2021