BirdWatch Ireland is delighted to announce the launch of our Cape Clear wildlife courses and events for 2020. Starting in May, we are running five Cape Clear Wildlife Weekends (May, June, July, August & September). These offer a unique opportunity to spend a weekend exploring the spectacular wildlife of Cape Clear Island with the BirdWatch Ireland Wildlife Officer, Steve Wing. As part of our Heritage Week events, we are holding the Cape Clear Bird Race on the 22 August, which will be organised by the West Cork Branch of BirdWatch Ireland. In September Dick Coombes will lead our ever-popular Seabird to Songbirds course, which will run from the 14-18 September.
Full details and booking information is available here
A few testimonials from people who have enjoyed our wildlife weekends and courses on Cape Clear:
- I will never forget those experiences and wonderful people on the course and our five days together, which felt like a month! It was an adventure. Thanks also to Michael John. I will never forget our tea, on the high seas, while the gannets soared over us like jet planes and he told us stories about the sailing ships in his west cork dialogue. I would recommend this course to anybody as an adventure and a really fun way to learn about and appreciate” God’s Wonderful World”. There was a great ambience, as well-thanks to you and Steve and the island itself.
- As a complete novice I leaned loads and was made to feel most welcome. I now know my shearwaters from my gannets and my black headed gulls from my terns! I stayed in the observatory- a great experience thanks to the welcoming warden.A great holiday on a beautiful island.
- A great week to learn lots while having tons of fun
- The course on Cape Clear was truly life-enhancing; suddenly all of the brown blurs in hedgerows I’d always taken for granted were given names and destinations and personalities.
- I had a truly memorable week in Cape Clear, I learned a huge amount and it is the total absorption in birding from morning to night which is so very enjoyable and rewarding.